Hearing aid development is becoming two tiered On tier one we have development in producing…
What to do if you lose a hearing aid?
It has come to our attention that many insurance companies are trying to use their own ‘preferred suppliers‘ to replace your lost hearing aid/s. There are several reasons for this including – prevention of fraudulent claims, keeping the logistics and paperwork simple, and to get a discount quote for the work.
BUT…. Whilst there is nothing wrong with those ‘preferred suppliers’ trying to procure such work from the insurance companies, it is actually against your statutory rights for an insurance company to dictate to you who supplies products for use in your own home and certainly for a device which requires such specialised and personal fitting, which may actually have taken many visits to get set up right.
YOU HAVE A STATUTORY RIGHT TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN SUPPLIER
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU LOSE A HEARING AID
If you do not contact us, then your insurance company will get two quotes from their two ‘preferred suppliers’ and they will authorise the lowest one to supply your replacement hearing aid, thus bypassing us / your existing supplier.
What are the consequences of this?
- The new supplier will not have your existing settings
- The dispenser may not be very technically astute
- If you lose the one aid (but have two), you will thereafter have to deal with two separate hearing aid dispensers, which is certainly not ideal
- You may not get the same warranty deal as when you bought the first aid.
- The business may not be well established.
- You will lose out from future early upgrade discounts
- You may not get the best / latest replacement hearing aid
- The prefered supplier may be restricted to certain brands and not the best brand for your needs
Please call us in the first instance you lose a hearing aid so we can advise what to do.