NHS Hearing Aids v Private Hearing Aids
If you suffer from hearing loss you are entitled to free NHS hearing aids.
The NHS do a good job for many many people. The hearing aids they supply are lower specification to what you canbuy privately but they are very good hearing aids.
Many companies tender to supply their products to the NHS. Different NHS areas may focus on one particular product approved by the tender process.
NHS hearing aids can be quite big – and this is off putting for many, but it is always worth seeing what you can be supplied with – even if just for a back up pair of hearing aids.
Why buy private hearing aids ?
- Much quicker supply of hearing aids
- More attentive aftercare and reprogramming
- Quick repair service
- Invisible in-ear hearing aids (IIC’s)
- Much smaller behind ear hearing aids – a fraction the size of NHS hearing aids – see here
- All hearing aids are available in a full range of colours (in-ear and behind-ear)
- We can supply 8 different brands – choosing the best for you
- A full range of custom in-ear hearing aid styles – image
- We can supply other styles – see all the styles here
Hearing Aid Technology
- More advanced speech in noise technology
- More advanced direction microphone technology
- More advanced speech enhancement
- Echo reduction reduction – for better speech in churches and halls etc
- Impulse sound smoothing – cutlery etc
- Inter-ear binaural technology – better for localising sounds
- Rechargeable – now lithium-ion for longer lasting performance
Mobile Phone Connectivity and Apps + TV Connectivity
- Direct mobile phone streaming and remote control – made-for-iPhone and made-for-Android
- Direct TV streaming – better TV clarity and no neckloop accessory needed
- Adjust background noise levels, and wind noise
- Choose what direction you want to hear (front / back / left / right)
- Fall detection – for the more elderly – automatic notification to family members
- Alexa voice control / voice assistant
- Reminder alerts (in-ear)
- Fitness tracking
- Live text to talk – phone calls transcribed to text
- Live language translation
- Remote programming assistance via the app.