Phonak Audeo Lumity
Please watch the video
Phonak Audeo Lumity (L)
The most complete Phonak hearing aid ever released is now available.
Supersedes Phonak Audeo Paradise
Made for Android – Made for iPhone – Rechargeable – Direct TV streaming
Phonak Lumity uses the latest ultra powerful ‘PRISM’ sound processing chipset.
Available at 4 technology levels (P90, 70, 50, 30), in 7 colours and 3 models:
- Audeo L-R – full spec rechargeable model
- Audeo L-RT – as above with telecoil-loop (so slightly larger)
- Audeo L-RL – as above but waterproof – slightly larger again.
Why choose Phonak Lumity over Phonak Paradise?
The key improvements are:
- Speech in Loud Noise
The speech in loud noise (SiLN) activation has now changed so it will take less noise to trigger this program. With the development of StereoZoom (now StereoZoom 2.0) we now no longer risk experiencing that sudden ‘switch’ as the program changes to SiLN. Instead, it will be perceived as the program gradually changing to that program, improving the listening experience and ensuring it’s more seamless.The two alterations above have led to smoother and improved performance giving the user a 3dB improvement in signal to noise ratio (SNR) – or in real terms 16% better speech understanding over Audeo Paradise.
A 15% improvement in speech intelligibility from the back and sides as it is appreciated that not all conversations will be face to face.
- Own Voice Pickup when streaming calls
The bandwidth for the Hands Free Profile (HFP) has increased from 4.5kHz to 6.5kHz to improve own voice pickup so the caller here’s you better
Benefits of Phonak ‘Lumity’ Hearing Aids
Phonak Audeo Lumity
Available in 3 styles – all rechargeable.
- Audeo L-R – full spec rechargeable model
- Audeo L-RT – as L-R but also with telecoil-loop (so slightly larger)
- Audeo L-RL – as L-R but also waterproof – slightly larger again.
Phonak Audeo Lumity has two charger units for the different styles as shown in the image.
3 hours for a full days use. 30 min charge for 6 hours use. The battery lasts approximately 6 years – it will need returning for replacement after this period and a replacement fee will apply.
Lithium-ion batteries offer quick charging and reliable performance over time. Manufactured to last 5-6 years so no need to send your aids off for battery swap.
Phonak Audeo Lumity is available in 4 technology levels as below
- Phonak Audeo L90 – Premium: a vast array of advanced features. 20 frequency channels
- Phonak Audeo L70 – Advanced: but less automatics and speech focus than above. 16 frequency channels
- Phonak Audeo L50 – Standard: a popular choice for the slightly less needy. 12 frequency channels
- Phonak Audeo L30 – An advanced entry level digital hearing for a tighter budget. 8 frequency channels
CLICK HERE FOR >>> Audeo Lumity features chart 1
CLICK HERE FOR >>> Audeo Lumity features chart 2
Tap control is only available in the rechargeable hearing aid models (L90 & L70)
KEY FEATURES OF PHONAK AUDEO LUMITY:
- Firstly and most importantly – Autosense v5.0 with binaural voicestream technology for exceptional sound quality and enhanced listening in difficult environments.
- Improved music listening – already many people have commented on this.
- ‘Roger’ compatible – the biggest development for speech-in-noise. Read up about Phonak Roger here
- Direct mobile connectivity – to any blueooth phone with binaural streaming (i.e. both ears)
- Hands free calling – unlike with made for iphone hearing aids the Phonak Audeo Paradise allows you to answer calls by pressing the button on the hearing aid, and the hearing aid microphone picks up your voice – so you do not have to pick up your phone to answer phone calls.
- Text to talk – a brand new feature via an app (myCall to Text) that converts live calls to text so you have follow calls in the most demanding of listening environments. Watch the video.
- Landline streaming – a list of compatible phones is to be released – Siemens Gigasets should work.
- Direct TV connectivity – using the Phonak TV Connector accessory – high definition stereo listening in both ears.
- Direct remote control – via the myPhonak mobile phone app
- Rechargeable – an optional style. Uses lithium-ion built in battery for quick charging and lasting performance. The rechargeable model is slightly larger than regular battery models – more on rechargeable hearing aids.
- Remote programming – we can now fine tune your hearing aids remotely for improved initial set up.
- Motion Sensors – new inbuilt motion sensor technology allows the hearing aid to adjust directional focus based on your movements – i.e. moving (walking and car it assumes all around sound, stationary in noise it assumes directional focus is needed) – only in rechargeable models.
- Tap Control – Using the sensor technology you can now simply tap your hearing aids to answer and end phone calls and to access voice assistant tools like Siri and Alexa (i.e. to check the weather, play music, set reminders, do internet searches).
See also the dedicated Phonak webpage for Lumity – HERE
Phonak Audeo Lumity allows binaural call listening (both ears) from almost any Bluetooth enabled mobile phone and stereo media streaming.
iPhone – Android – Windows
With Phonak Audeo Lumity you can take true hands-free calls by activating the call with either a push of the button on the hearing aid or using the new tap control feature (simply tap the hearing aid), and the hearing aid transmits the call both ways with the need to pick up the phone. You can also set dedicated ring tones so you know who is calling just by the ring tone you hear (i.e. familiar people you want to answer to but cannot see the caller ID).
Click these links for more information on how this can help you:
As of 2020 this app is now THE app for all Phonak hearing aids – with regards to the following features:
- Mobile streaming – any Bluetooth mobile phone (Android, iPhone, Windows etc)
- TV streaming control
- Remote control – programmes / volume etc
- ‘My Hearing Aids’ feature – learn all about your hearing aids
- ‘Remote support’ – for programming via face-time call.
- Hearing care diary – more info
So, for any hearing aid that has direct streaming (like Phonak Marvel) or older aids that connect via a ComPilot this is the app to use.
Also available is the MyCall-to-Text app – watch as your difficult to hear calls are transcribed live!
Phonak MyCall-to-Text App
Watch the video
Please also try the Phonak tinnitus balance app
Waterproof rechargeable hearing aids!
Phonak Audeo Lumity ‘LIFE’
A world first; lithium-ion rechargeable waterproof hearing aid – capable of being submerged in 1/2m of pool water or salty sea water – and still giving all the benefits expected from the other Audeo Lumity models.
The downside – they are quite large!
Contact us for a free trial
What is ‘Roger’?
ROGER is a suite of hearing aid accessories developed by Sonova (for Phonak and Unitron) offering the greatest proven success in improving speech in loud noise at a distance of 1.5/2m + listening range.
ROGER FM is similar to Bluetooth hearing aid technology, but using FM transmission which is more robust and more reliable, for better performance and transmission over greater distance than Bluetooth streaming.
ROGER previously required an extra receiver component to be fitted onto your Phonak hearing aids or worn around your next – but with Phonak Audeo Paradise the receiver component is integrated – NOTE: it will cost you extra to have the Roger receiver installed into the hearing aids. And then you need to buy a Roger transmitted accessory.
We can supply all Roger accessories – more information here.
Download the mobile app – myRogerMic (by Phonak)
Please call for pricing.
Phonak now offer remote programming assistance via the myPhonak App – see section above ‘Phone App’s
This allows us to programme your hearing aids whilst you stay at home – great for fine tuning and honing the hearing aids to your needs.
Crystal Hearing can supply Phonak Audeo Lumity hearing aids via our clinic in Marlow – surrounding areas include High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Reading, Slough, Henley, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We also have affiliates around the UK – please call us.