Please watch the video
Signia Active & Active Pro Hearing Aids
In-Ear Rechargeable ‘Pod’ Hearing Aids
Signia Active hearing aids are based on the current design of pod music speakers – currently on the X (Xperience) platform technology level.
They offer induction (contactless) charging with lithium-ion batteries.
iPhone and Android compatible.
Signia Active & Active Pro technology levels
Both are built on the X (Xperience) platform.
Active is 1X technology – entry level
Active Pro is 7X technology – highest spec
At the heart of things is a drive for technology that gives clear comprehension of speech in noisy situations.
CLICK HERE FOR: List of features
CLICK HERE FOR: Features explained
Our favourite feature is the Signia Spatial Configurator
Signia Spatial Configurator allows you to choose the direction you want to focus on (left, right, behind, ahead), and you can change the focus angle from wide to narrow.
You can leave it on automatic – but there may be environments where you wish to take control.
Please note that because Signia hearing aids contain motion sensors then top end hearing aids can automatically detect when you are travelling in a car (most cars – not so much convertibles and electric cars, which run smoother)
Spatial Configurator is controlled very easily via the Signia App for iPhone and Android phones.
Please watch the image.
The world’s first acoustic-motion sensors in hearing aids
This technology is divided into two;
- Motion sensors – to detect how the wearer is moving to determine the best sound processing strategy. ie these hearing aids can detect when you are travelling in a car and can switch to an all-around programme so that you hear other passengers (as opposed to front facing microphones when noise is present). These sensors can also tell if the wearer is not standing up so that directional microphones can be disengaged if more appropriate to hear better.
- Acoustic sensors – for improved sound localisation, own voice detection and signal to noise ratio – more information is collected for rapid analysis meaning the soundscape is brought to life more precisely and in greater detail – offering you Dynamic Soundscape Processing.
Signia Binaural Hearing – ‘ear-to-ear data transmission’ – high speed data transmission between the hearing aids allows a virtual 8 microphone network to shield noise from important speech cues – building a 3D picture of the sound environment, giving true surround sound and improved speech in noise response.
Signia eWindscreen – Using the the binaural hearing technology above Signia hearing aids can dramatically reduce wind noise and enhance speech. Most people will turn their head slightly to wind to shield the side where speech is – Signia Windscreen transmits the speech from the shielded side to the wind facing hearing aid which has wind protection technology applied to it.
Own Voice Processing – v2.0
For the most natural own voice and highest acceptance
Signia have been working hard to smooth out the age old problem some wearers have in accepting their own voice sound when wearing hearing aids.
OVP improves spontaneous acceptance of own voice by 75% of dissatisfied hearing aid wearers (see first fit study – www.signia-pro.com/first-fit-study)
Improved TV listening
Direct streaming of your TV to your hearing aids – no need for neck-loop / clip-on devices anymore. You do still need a TV transmitter accessory to get high fidelity streaming without audio lag.
See the ‘Accessories’ section below.
Signia Active / Active Pro Rechargeable
These ‘pod’ style hearing aids use lithium-ion rechargeable battery technology.
A new battery gives up to 20 hours hearing aid usage with 5 hours of streaming use. This will reduce over time.
- 30 mins of charging gives 6 hours of use
- Inductive charging – just place them in the charger
For iPhone and Android (check the compatibility link below).
By connecting your hearing aids to the Signia APP you can:
- Stream your phone calls – handsfree
- Select different listening programmes – ie for music, or restaurant
- Adjust the volume of your hearing aids
- Set mask mode to boost listening when masks are worn
- Fine tune your settings using Signia Assist – more info here
- Choose directional hearing using the excellent Spatial Configurator – so you can choose which direction you want to hear (see the ‘features’ tab above).
Direct TV Streaming
The Streamline TV accessory can be plugged into your TV and the sound audio will be streamed in high fidelity stereo sound direct to Signia Styletto ‘X’ hearing aids – this really makes listening to TV easier and less tiring. Especially for those programmes where background music can over power speakers voices.
For streaming third party voices – i.e. worn as a lapel clip-on accessory for a passenger in the car, or it can be placed on a meeting table to pick up voices.